Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM): $ 104.9 billion
Dublin, June 24, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market – Growth, Trends and Forecast (2019-2024)” the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The dynamic random access memory (DRAM) market was valued at USD 76.52 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach a value of USD 104.91 billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 5.44% over the forecast period (2019-2024).
The use of DRAM is increasing dramatically due to the increase in the adoption of microcontrollers and memory integrated circuits in automotive electronics and the increasing use of memory storage chips in electronic devices is one of the main factors driving the demand for DRAM products.
- An increase in demand for consumer electronics coupled with an expected increase in demand for smart phones are some of the major drivers of the market.
- Due to their low cost and high performance, DRAM is also used in wearable gadgets like smartwatches. Therefore, with the increasing adoption of wearable gadgets and the advent of IoT and AI, the use of DRAM is expected to expand beyond the personal computer and mobile, to servers, automotive and cloud applications. This diversification should boost the studied market over the forecast period.
- The growing demand for data centers is also increasing the revenue of DRAM servers. For example, large data center projects in North America have contributed to the strong demand for DRAM.
- The increasing adoption of 5G technology and advancements in wireless communication are expected to have a significant impact on the studied market. Several vendors are also investing in the advancement of DRAM, to take advantage of 5G technology. For example, in July 2018, Samsung Electronics announced the industry’s first 8GB LPDDR5 DRAM, for 5G and AI mobile applications.
- SK Hynix is ââthe second largest DRAM maker in the world after Samsung. After strong financial results in 2017, the company plans to invest 3.5 trillion KRW (2.37 billion euros) in a new DRAM (semiconductor manufacturing) plant at its headquarters in Icheon, Korea. from South.
Key market trends
Mobile devices are expected to have a significant market share
- DRAMs are adopted by mobile phone companies in order to improve the performance of their devices, which includes speed and reduced consumption of battery life. For example, in July 2018, Samsung Electronics announced the industry’s first 8GB LPDDR5 DRAM, for mobile applications powered by 5G and AI. This new DRAM is expected to increase speed by 50% and extend battery life by 30%.
- Due to an increase in smartphone photography, Sony introduced in 2017 an enhanced DRAM image sensor in which a layer of DRAM is added between the pixel layer and the circuit layer which allows the user to capture and read images many times faster than current designs.
- With the growing demand for higher capacity DRAM chips from phone makers to support complex multi-camera devices and foldable smartphones with high-resolution displays, companies are coming up with new DRAM chips to meet the needs. For example, in March 2019, Samsung released 12GB of LPDDR4X DRAM memory which would give high-end smartphones more memory than the average laptop.
Asia-Pacific is expected to hold significant market share
- DRAM “S is used to execute data and program code. Memory is integral when it comes to efficiently running modern business and data center applications. Now, to increase DRAM, companies have had to build new data centers. APAC companies of all sizes in all industries are embracing the digital revolution, which is also prompting data center providers and users to continuously increase their investment in construction and services. modular data centers.
- After seeing the benefits of DRAM and to make up for a huge trade deficit in imported semiconductors, the Chinese government is investing $ 31.5 billion in the integrated circuit industry. With government support, vendors are now planning to increase their production capacity to meet the growing demand for DRAm.
- For example, the three Chinese companies, YMTC, Innotron (Hefei Chang Xin) and JHICC, are expected to start trial production of NAND flash, mobile DRAM and specialty DRAM, respectively, in the second half of 2018.
- DRAMs have found their applications in game consoles to meet the demand for operating speed and additional memory. For example, in 2017, 7,580 units of game consoles were sold from brands such as Playstation 4, Nintendo 3DS and many more. This figure is expected to increase during the forecast period which will boost the DRAM market.
The competitive rivalry in dynamic random access memory is high due to the presence of many key players, constantly trying to gain maximum market share. Some of the major players are Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix, Winbond, Intel, and many more. Their ability to constantly innovate products by investing heavily in R&D has enabled them to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors.
Key topics covered
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market overview
4.2 Value chain / supply chain analysis
4.3 Introduction to Market Drivers and Constraints
4.4 Market drivers
4.4.1 Cloud and HPC Application Driven Data Center Demand
4.4.2 High Performance Low Power DRAM Demand in Mobile Devices
4.5 Market restrictions
4.5.1 Storage class memory to overcome high cost and less DRAM memory
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By technology
5.2 By application
5.2.1 Mobile devices
5.2.2 PC / laptop
5.2.4 Other applications
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the world
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company profiles
6.1.1 SK Hynix Inc.
6.1.2 Micron Technology inc.
6.1.3 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
6.1.4 Nanya Technology Corporation
6.1.5 Winbond Electronics Corporation
6.1.6 Intel Corporation
6.1.7 Powerchip Technology Corporation
6.1.8 Transcending information
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dkdn93
Research and Markets also offers Custom search services providing targeted, comprehensive and appropriate research.