Global Microprocessor Market Outlook to 2026
Dublin, May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Global Microprocessor Market, By Type (Desktop Microprocessor, Mobile Microprocessor, Performance Microprocessor), By Architecture, By Technology Outlook, By End User, By Region, Competition, Forecast and opportunities, the 2026 report “has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global microprocessor market is expected to reach $ 110.38 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 4.16% due to rapid technological advancements and increasing demands from the semiconductor market. The increasing digitization in many industries, the increasing number of smartphones and the changing business models create numerous growth opportunities for the global microprocessor market. End users are gradually getting various types of microprocessors eg ARM, x86, SPARC and others which are used for different purposes.
The global microprocessor market can be segmented on the basis of type, architecture, technology outlook, end user, and region. Based on the type, the market can be segmented into desktop, mobile, and performance microprocessors. Desktop microprocessors are expected to dominate the market due to growing customer demand as PCs play a vital role in the workplace and are preferred over any digital device due to their high output capabilities.
Based on architecture, the market can be divided into ARM, x86, SPARC, and others. ARM segment dominates the market with 32.62% share in 2020 due to low power consumption, low cost, high operation, reliability and better performance compared to other processors.
Based on the technology outlook, the market can be split into RISC, DSP, ASIC, Superscalar, and CISC. RISC segment dominates the market with 25.32% share in 2020 as the RISC architecture enables simplicity that allows developers to efficiently use semiconductor chip memory and also takes less runtime by compared to other microprocessors due to its reduced built-in instruction set.
Some of the major players operating in the global microprocessor market are Intel Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, SK Hynix Inc., Qualcomm Technologies, Broadcom Corporation, Micron Technology, Inc., Sony Corporation, Nvidia, Samsung Group Applied Materials. These companies are launching highly reliable microprocessors with progressive instruction set, technologically advanced microprocessors with high performance, low cost and low power consumption. Companies operating in the market use organic strategies such as new product launches and mergers and collaborations to increase their market share and meet consumer demands.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical years: 2016-2019
- Baseline year: 2020
- Estimated year: 2021
- Forecast period: 2022-2026
Goal of the study:
- To analyze the historical growth in market size of the global microprocessor market from 2016 to 2020.
- Estimate and forecast the global microprocessor market size from 2021 to 2026 and the growth rate to 2026.
- To define, classify, and forecast the global microprocessor market on the basis of type, architecture, technology outlook, end-user, region, and company.
- To examine the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms of value, and based on end-use industry by segmenting the global microprocessor market into six sectors, namely consumer electronics, healthcare, servers and data centers, automotive, manufacturing and others.
- Analyze and forecast the size of the market, in terms of regions.
- To identify the drivers and challenges of the global microprocessor market.
- Strategically profile key market players driving innovation and technological advancement in the global Microprocessor Market.
Main topics covered:
1. Product overview
3. Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Microprocessor Market
4. Executive summary
5. Voice of the customer
5.1. Brand awareness
5.2. Factors influencing purchasing decisions
6. Global Microprocessor Market Outlook
6.1. Market size and forecast
6.1.1. By value
6.2. Market share and forecasts
6.2.1. By type (desktop microprocessor, mobile microprocessor, performance microprocessor)
6.2.2. By Architecture (X86, ARM, SPARC, Others (MIPS, Power etc.))
6.2.3. By technological perspectives (CISC, RISC, ASIC, Superscalar, DSP)
6.2.4. By end user (consumer electronics, automotive, manufacturing, server and data center, medical, other (BFSI, aerospace and defense, etc.)
6.2.5. By region (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa and South America)
6.2.6. By company (2020)
6.3. Product market map
7. North America Microprocessor Market Outlook
7.1. Market size and forecast
7.2. Market share and forecasts
7.3. Product market map
7.4. North America Microprocessor Market Country Analysis
8. Asia-Pacific Microprocessor Market Outlook
8.1. Market size and forecast
8.2. Market share and forecasts
8.3. Product market map
8.4. Asia-Pacific Microprocessor Market Country Analysis
9. Outlook for the microprocessor market in Europe
9.1. Market size and forecast
9.2. Market share and forecasts
9.3. Product market map
9.4. Regional analysis of the microprocessor market in Europe
10. Middle East and Africa Microprocessor Market Outlook
10.1. Market size and forecast
10.2. Market share and forecasts
10.3. Product market map
10.4. Middle East & Africa Microprocessor Market Country Analysis
11. South America Microprocessor Market Outlook
11.1. Market size and forecast
11.2. Market share and forecasts
11.3. Product market map
11.4. South America Microprocessor Market Country Analysis
12. Market dynamics
13. Market trends and developments
14. Competitive landscape
14.1. Company Profiles
14.1.1. Intel company
14.1.2. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited
14.1.3. SK Hynix Inc.
14.1.4. Qualcomm Technologies
14.1.5. Broadcom Inc.
14.1.6. Micron Technology, Inc.
14.1.7. Sony Corporation
14.1.8. Nvidia Company
14.1.9. Samsung Group
14.1.10. Applied Materials, Inc.
15. Strategic recommendations
16. About us and disclaimer
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8nrr55